SUPER SMASH BROS. WII U – 1v1
Time: Saturday 29th September – 1:00 PM
Prizes: $130.00 for 1st Place, $70.00 for 2nd Place
Tournament Player Cap: 64
Game Mode: 1v1
Round Format: Best of 3 (5 for winners, losers & grand finals)
Other Conditions: Game version will be Version 1.1.6
- Mode: Stock
- Stocks: 2 (3 for doubles)
- Stock Timer: 6 minutes
- Pause: May be set to Off at the request of any player (this is recommended)
- Customisations: Off
- Handicap: Off
- Launch Rate: 1.0
- Items: All items set to Off, appearance rate set to None
- Final Destination
- Lylat Cruise
- Town & City
- Dream Land 64
- Players select their characters. Any player may elect to do Double Blind Character Selection (see additional rules).
- Use Stage Striking to determine the first stage (see additional rules).
- The players play the first game of the set.
- The winning player/team of the previous game may ban one stage from the stage list. This action overwrites any previous stage bans in this set (though a player/team may elect to ban the same stage they had done so previously). The banned stage may not be picked by the opposing player/team.
- The losing player/team of the previous game picks the stage for the next match. In addition to the banned stage, they may also be restricted by Dave’s Stupid Rule (see below).
- The winning player/team of the previous game may choose to change characters.
- The losing player/team of the previous game may choose to change characters.
- The next match is played.
- Repeat Steps 4 through 8 for all subsequent matches until the set is complete.
Additional Rules and Clarifications
- Double Blind Character Selection: Any player may request that a double blind selection occur for the first game of a set. In this situation, a 3rd party should be told, in secret, each player’s character choices for the first game. All players are to then select their character for the first game, with the 3rd party validating that the character selected is the same as their word.
- Stage Striking: Stage striking is done in a 2-3-1 format, with the entire list available for play during game 1. Players/teams play Rock-Paper-Scissors; the winning player/team chooses whether to strike first or second. The player/team striking first eliminates two stages from the list. The player/team striking second then eliminates three stages from the remaining five. Finally, the player/team striking first picks the stage for the first game from the remaining two stages.
- Dave’s Stupid Rule (Modified Version): A player/team may not pick the stage they most recently won on during the same set, unless agreed to by the opposing player/team.
- Gentleman Clause: Any available stage (regardless of legality) may be picked if agreed to by all players.
- Colour Clause: For doubles matches, players must match the colour of their character with their team colour when requested by any other player. Players should also do their best to adhere to any other colour requests made by other players (especially colour blind players) for the benefit of visibility.
- Stalling: The act of stalling is banned. Stalling is anything which makes the game unplayable for either player/team. Any player/team found to be stalling forfeits the current game. Extending any infinite combo past 300% is considered stalling. In game version 1.1.6, there are no other known methods of stalling as of 26/7/2016.
- TO Discretion Clause: Any matter which is deemed to be unclear or absent in this ruleset shall be resolved at the discretion of the tournament organiser.
Mii fighters may be used, provided they adhere to the following conditions:
- All Mii fighters must be made using Guest Miis only.
- Mii fighters must not be using any equipment.
- Any combination of special moves is allowed for Mii fighters. The chosen special moves should be made clear to all players, as well as the 3rd party in the case of a double blind character selection.
- Choosing different special moves for a Mii Fighter is considered a change of character. This may be done whenever it is a player’s turn in the set procedure to select their character, and only at this time.
Suicide Moves and Sudden Death:
The winner of each game is determined by the results screen in all cases, except when the players are presented with sudden death. When the players are presented with sudden death, the results screen is ignored and the following rules are used to determine the winner:
- In the case that the game timer expired, the winner is the player/team with the lowest damage percentage (lowest combined damage percentage in doubles). Note that stock lead still takes precedence over this rule, as if a player/team has a stock lead when the timer expires, the game will not enter sudden death.
- In the case that players died on the same frame without the game timer expiring (regardless of whether or not a suicide move was involved, with one exception below), or in the case that players/teams had equal combined damage percentages when the timer expired, a tiebreaker game will be played to determine the winner. The tiebreaker game is played on the same stage with the same characters, with the stock count set to 1 and the stock timer set to 3 minutes. The winner of the tiebreaker game is determined in the same way the winner of a normal game is determined (in extremely rare cases this will result in an additional tiebreaker game being played).
- Each player/team may use a suicide move to force sudden death once within each game and any tiebreakers linked to that original game. If a player/team uses a suicide move to force sudden death during a tiebreaker game after having already done so during the original game or in any of the tiebreakers linked to the one being decided, that player/team forfeits that game instead of playing an additional tiebreaker game.
- Winning player is not locked into the same character for the next match, but has to pick before loser selects a character.
- Following stages decided by winner banning one stage from all stages and then loser choosing.
- You may not choose a stage you have already won on.
- All custom moves and equipment are banned.