SUPER SMASH BROS. MELEE – 1v1
Platform: Nintendo Gamecube
Time: Saturday 29th September – 3:30 PM
Tournament Player Cap: 64
Game Mode: 1v1
Round Format: Double elim Best of 3 (5 for winners, losers & grand finals)
- 4 Stock
- 8 minutes.
- Items are turned to off and none.
- If time runs out, the winner is determined by stock, and then by percentage.
- If both stock and percentage are identical, or a game ends with both players being KO’d simultaneously, then a tiebreaker is played. A tiebreaker is a 1 stock, 3 minute match with the same characters and the same stage.
- All sets with the exception of winner’s finals, loser’s finals, and the championship are best of 3 matches (best of 5 and above should be played out for any “finals” matches).
- All people are responsible for their own control scheme/name tag and must make sure it is set before the match begins. Both players must agree to restart a match on account of a controller problem.
- Stalling is banned. (Stalling is defined as any action that deliberately avoids all conflict as to make the game unplayable. Running from an opponent to get to a better position is not considered stalling.)
- Extending an infinite lock/combo/chain above 300% is considered stalling.
ADDITIONAL DOUBLES RULES
- Team attack is on.
- Sharing stocks is allowed.
- If the clock expires and the total number of stocks of each team is equal, use the sum of the final percentage of players on each team as the tiebreaker; whichever team has a lower sum wins. (A player who has been eliminated has 0 stocks and 0%).
- Causing both characters of a team to become frozen (i.e. by interrupting a throw with a wind attack) is to be treated the same way as freezing the opponent in singles. Leaving only one of the opponent’s’ characters frozen is legal since the teammate can work to undo the freeze.
- Games will be played in 60hz ONLY.
- Controller mods of ANY kind (short-hop mod, L-trigger mod, etc), except for cosmetic changes (paint job, different colored plastic), are banned. If you are caught using a banned controller you will be disqualified from the tournament.
- Glitches used to stop your opponent from controlling their character or indefinitely freezing them (Mewtwo’s Soul Stunner, the Ice Climber freeze glitch, etc.), or any glitch or trick that freezes the match or makes it in any way unfinishable are banned. Using them will result in the immediate forfeit of the match.
- Tactics such as Peach’s Wallbombing and Jiggly’s Rising Pound are allowed as methods of recovery or to maneuver around the stage. Using them (or any similar tactics) to excessively stall a match, such as dropping below levels intentionally and stalling underneath, is banned. If this problem occurs, find anadmin (be prepared to have proof/witnesses).
- Restart Rule – When a match starts and a player does not want to play the randomly selected stage he/she has 5 seconds to pause and quit the match so long as no lives were lost and no damage was given. Each player gets 1 per set (only applies to the first match of a set)
- In the case of a console/TV malfunction, the game will be restarted from the beginning, no matter what time it crashed.
- Final Destination
- Kirby Dream Land N64
- Kirby Fountain of Dreams
- Yoshi’s Story
- Pokemon Stadium